Honor a subsidiary of the large MNC Huwei. Honor has been in the market for quite sometime. The brand was introduced to the Indian market by the Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart. Honor has launched several series under the flagship C – series
Currently the mid segment model available in the market is the Honor 5C.
Features/ Specifications of Honor 5C:
Market Stats: Release date: June 30
Screen size: 5.2 inch
Screen resolution & Screen tech: 1920 * 1080 pixels IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and 424 ppi, Pixel density
OS: EMUI 4.1 built on Android v6.0 – Marshmallow
Processor: Cortex-A53 HiSilicon Kirin 650 Processor, Octa-core (power efficiency is much better in Krinn than other processors)
Speed: 1.7 GHz
Camera: 13MP Primary Camera, 8MP Front Camera
Battery: 3000 mAh
Outer body: metal
Fingerprint: Fingerprint sensor with 0.5s time to unlock
RAM & Memory: 2GB RAM, Internal Memory of 16GB Expandable to 128GB
SIM: Dual sim, but the second memory slot can accommodate either a micro SD memory Card or a nano SIM.
The USPs of Honor 5C are:
1. Processor: The powerful Processor of Krinn 650 chipsets with Mali-T830 GPU ensures smooth gaming experience. ARM holdings has been responsible for making the Big.LITTLE flagship, which is computing architecture built to increase speed at a lower consumption of power.
2. Fingerprint identification 2.0: Replay Protected Memory Block (RPMP) is a method which ensures that the fingerprint data is secured and stored in a protective environment. This ensures the data cannot be accessed even after rooting the phone.
The sensor is pretty fast and takes only 0.5 seconds to unlock.
3. Metal body and size: Honor 5C claims that its body is made of Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy. To add to that is the scratch resistant anodized coating for more protection against damage and corrosion.
4. Camera: 13MP rear camera with F 2.0 aperture and 78 degree wide-angle 5 element (5 element is the technology in which various layers of plastics are crammed together to provide an ultimate optic image resolution for more clearer and wider pictures. Its like 5 lenses crammed into one) The BSI sensor (BSI – Backside Illumination ensures that pictures are well captured even in low light) HDR ( High Dynamic Range feature is basically a way to combine 3 different pictures with different light effects into one picture to provide more clarity and broad coloured looks. 8MP- Front Facing Camera.
5. Connectivity: Honor claims that it has one of the best signal output facility with dual antennas. This prevent dropped calls and better reception.
6. Sound: The speakers of Honor phones are located at the bottom. Thus, while playing the speaker the sound is not distorted and is well exposed for more decibel output. Also, speakers of Honor 5C has Huawei’s (SWS) Super Wide Sound audio feature for better sound clarity and noise reduction.
7. OS: EMUI built on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The only better feature in available is the video screen capture. The interface is just the same as like any other phones of this segment.