ONE PLUS THREE
One plus is a Chinese phone manufacturer with a global presence in more than 42 countries. It is a wholly owned subsidy of OPPO, founded by Pete Lau on 16 Dec 2013. One Plus came under controversy with the usage of the Cyanogen mod, a modified Android OS, for which Micromax was given exclusive rights to operate in India.
Starting with the punch line “Never Settle”. One Plus has made a name for itself in the mid-price range of mobile phones. One of the intelligent marketing strategies that it used was the usage of the referral system. This techniques ensured that there were not much complaints and media controversies and just plain sale. The referral system also ensured its uniqueness, as it raised curiosity in the market and more people were drawn into buying it. The two famous flagships launched by one plus are (i) One Plus One and (ii) One Plus two and (iii) One Plus X – Limited Edition
However, One Plus have done away with the referral system with the launch of the new One Plus three by 14th June 2016. This was a move much anticipated as the product already has made a name in this segment and is more receptive for open market reviews.
One Plus as always, have provided the state of the art technology to all its previous models (like the one plus one, one plus two and one plus X) and have also imbibed the innovative techs to its latest One Plus three. This model has almost all the features of an Iphone 6 or the latest S-series of Samsung.
Features of One Plus Three:
Announcement date: June 2016
Release date June 2016
Screen size: 5.5 (139cms)
Screen resolution & Screen tech: 1920 * 1080 pixels Optic AMOLED capacitive touch screen with full HD (401 ppi). The screen is made of the tough Gorilla glass 4.
OS: Oxygen built on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
Processor: Kryo Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad core processor, (14nM Finfeet technology – a technology for superior circuit integration) Adreno 530 GPU
Speed: Upto 2.2 GHz
Camera: 16 MP Primary Camera (f/ 2.0 Aperture, 1.12μm Pixels) with PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) and EIS and OIS (Electronic and Optical Image Stabilization) (PB: One Plus Three clams that both the features of EIS and OIS is available, but not sure. Both the features ensure that pictures and videos taken in motion remains undistorted. EIS is done electronically by the camera itself, however OIS is an arrangement of the hardware in such a way that there is less movement in the camera even if the handset moves enormously. Its more like a shock absorber) Front camera: 8 MP
Battery: 3000 mAh lithium-polymer battery (non-removable) powered by Dash Charge Technology – This technology is about charging the battery really fast. Though this feature has a drawback, of reducing the quality of the battery over a period however, it takes 30 minutes to charge from empty to 63% but it needs another 44 minutes reach full capacity.
Outer body: Space Grade Anodized Aluminum Unibody- The backbody is made of an alloy in which Aluminum is the predominant metal. This prevents scratch discoloring due to friction and resistance.
Fingerprint: Ceramic coated Finger print scanner – responds in 0.2 seconds
RAM & Memory: 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, (LPDDR – Low Power Double Data Rate – This technology is mostly for increasing the speed of data transfers and saving energy.) – 64GB (UFS 2.0 Flash) –
(PB: 2.0 Flash was something unique only to Samsung S6. But now its available in most of the devices)
SIM: Dual Nano – SIM dual standby (4G+4G).
Additional Features: NFC enabled (NFC – Near Field Communication which uses the RFID Radio Frequency Identification – the tech used for immediate touch payments like that form Google wallet, Apple pay, Amiibo, etc. Presently in India the Bar-code scanner is more in use than the NFC. This feature is not unique and is available in almost all the models of this segment) not very widely used presently as the Bar-code scanner, reversible type – C Connector (The basic wire for charging and data transfer is both side narrowed and – 1 year manufacturing warranty with 6 months accessories warranty.
Colours: Available in two variants Graphite and Soft Gold
The USPs of One Plus 3 are:
1. Dash Charge – Fast charging is one feature only a few mobiles available in the market has, like the recent Le-Echo, priced lower than the One Plus three. However the drawback of fast charging is its vulnerability to lose charge fast and battery losing it life incase of rough handling and charging practices. However the feature ensures fast charging of 63% within 30 minutes and then the rest in 45 minutes
2. Metal Body and Size – One Plus three boasts of an Anodized Aluminum Alloy body, with smooth curves and light weight, The scratch resistant body ensures a better look, even over a period of time. With a diameter of just 7.3 mm Its one of the slimmest flagships available in the market
3. Camera – Rear: 16MP with Sony IMX 298 (F/2.0), Front: 8 MP Sony IMX179 (F/2.0) – The camera is a state of the art, and uses EIS and OIS.(both EIS and OIS is described above). This is for distortion free pictures captured in motions.
The smile function – is an added function of the camera where selfies are clicked automatically by the front camera on just smiling while posing with the front camera
4. Fingerprint sensor: The Fingerprint sensors are better, faster and more accurate.
5. Unlocked Connectivity across Network: The One Plus Three supports a wide array of network bands across the globe and can be used in any parts of the world with its dual sim function.
6. Amoled Display: This feature of display is not widely available in most phones, but one plus three has this display for more clarity and vivid colour displays over screen. The technology was invented by Samsung
One Plus Three27999
- Dash Charge
- Anodised Aluminium Body
- Sony IMX 298 Front and Rear Camera
- Fingerprint Sensors more accurate
- AMOLED Display
- Non expandable memory
- Price expensive
- Fast charging but only 3000 mAH battery