XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 3
Xiaomi as a brand has emerged as an undisputed champion in the Indian mobile handset market over a period of 5 years. The biggest reasons for its success is its superior performance in all aspects starting from sound clarity, durability, looks and speed of performance. And the most striking feature is the price range. None of the models cost more than 25K. The most successful flagship under Xiaomi are the Redmi series and Mi series. Redmi has another variant apart from 2S, 3S as Note, Note 2, and Note 3.
The largest selling flagship under Xiaomi is the Redmi note series. Currently the Redmi Note 3 series available in the market has the following features:
Features/ Specifications of Redmi note 3
Screen size: 5.5 (139cms)
Screen resolution & Screen tech: 1920 * 1080 pixels IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and 401 ppi, Pixel density additional features include: Sunlight display, Reading mode and Night mode
OS: Android 5.1, lollipop with MiUi 7 (an interface developed by Xiaomi)
Processor: Snapdragon, Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 hexa-core 64-bit processor with ARM Cotex-A72 lead cores
Speed: 1.8 GHz
Camera: Primary: 16 MP with aperture – f/2.0 and ISP (Image Signal Processor), PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) and two tone flash. Front: 5 MP with aperture – f/2.0 aperture.
Battery: 4050 mAH high density lithium-polymer battery
Outer body: Metal with polished looks
Fingerprint: Fingerprint sensor with chip-level security encryption with 0.3s time to unlock
RAM & Memory: (i) Variant 1 – 2GB RAM with 16GB internal space – expandable to 256GB
(ii) Variant 2 – 3GB RAM with 32GB internal space – expandable to 256GB
SIM: Dual Sim (4G + 4G) Micro + Nano(Hybrid)
The USPs of Redmi Note 3 are:
1. Speed: Due to the new Qualcomm Snapdragon with ARM’s Cortex A72, its supposed to be the fastest in this segment
2. Metal Body: Premium looks and feel on the hand, with 3 available colours, Gold, silver and dark-grey
3. Battery Backup: Redmi Note 3 has a massive battery backup of about 4050 mAH, with energy density of 690Wh/L – even better than Redmi note-Prime. Also it is 21g lighter.
4. Finger Prints: Now most of this mid-range phones are coming out with this feature, Redmi is not the first mobile brand to implement this technology but it has a decent fingerprint touch open interface with a speed of 0.3 seconds.
5. Camera: The best in the market, with some very good technologies like ISP – Image Signal Processor – this features helps in capturing colours in its original form and rendering more vibrancy. PDAF – Phase Detection Auto Focus – this is used for automatically correcting the focus while capturing the image. It also has an adjusted ISO for low-light photography apart from the tow tone flash for more flash lights.
6. Light: Additional features like Sunlight display with automated screen brightness and contrast adjustment add value to this segment. And the priced feature of Night mode and Read mode to protect eyes.
7. Satisfied Customers: According to reports Xiaomi Redmi notes claims that it has sold more than 2.3 million units by September 2016 end in India
8. Additional Features: Compatible with all LTE (Long Term Evolution) bands in India for clear network connectivity. All the below features are not USPs as they are already available in a lot of other brands: like (i) Mi Remote, (ii) Gyroscope (iii) E-compass (iv) Dual band Wi-Fi (v) Dual microphone noise suppression (vi) USB OTG support. (vii) GLONASS- A similar technology to GPS developed by the Russian Federal Space Agency.